Saturday, July 24, 2010

Blackberry Cobbler (preserves)

I went blackberry picking last weekend and decided I wanted to bake something with all of these delicious little guys. So, I decided to make cobbler. It seemed like a simple enough recipe. Disregard the fact that I've never baked cobbler in my life and don't really know how it's even supposed to look. So, I started out and had to read the recipe 500 times. I still had no idea what it meant.

Here's my interpretation of cobbler:

Step 1) roll out dough and spread berries over it.

Step 2) melt butter and put it in the pan?


The Baker

The berries get their close up time.

3) sprinkle cinnamon over the berries


4) Roll up dough and berries "jelly style" What have I created? I call it the alien creature.

5) Cut the alien into slices and put in pan

6) spread "syrup" over berries


7) Baked and eaten. It turned out very well.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't say I've ever seen a cobbler like it, but it looks delicious! I absolutely love blackberries. My grandpa has a blackberry patch so we had blackberries all year. My favorite thing was blackberry/chocolate smoothies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh!!! this looks DELICIOUS!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete