Saturday, March 13, 2010

The arties

Every year, our school puts on an awards show that resembles the Oscars, but for JBU. They call it the arties. Last night was the arties awards ceremony. I helped with all the food preparation, so it was quite a lot of work, but I quite enjoyed it. About 250 people showed up in creative black tie. I was nominated for an artie "photographer of the year". I didn't win, but it was an honor to be nominated. They also announced the 1st through 3rd place winners for the student works competition which is a gallery of student submitted artwork. I submitted a few pieces for that and I won third place in the photography category as well as third place in the illustration category. It was quite exciting. Here are the two pieces that placed.













Illustration


















Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment