Saturday, April 10, 2010

a true holdiday

So, last night I decided that since all of my portfolio stuff is basically done and ready for the show, that I would take a day off today and truly just spend the day doing fun things for myself- taking a true holiday. Reflecting on that idea I discovered that I probably have only taken one or two true holidays for myself my entire college career. Such is the life of a workaholic.

So, instead of spelling everything out, I'll leave a bit of mystery, providing only a poem I wrote about my day instead. And some pictures that I took with my little point and shoot camera. Totally crappy but wonderful for capturing memories and feelings instead of objects.

"Never underestimate the power of a bicycle"

olive-skinned
pillow matted freshness
orange & red to start the day off right.
Life-and-creamed-cocoa
marshmallow-laziness-kind-of-morning.
Tennis shoe wearing, hair not caring
Get ready, set, Go!

Off on a bicycle
Grand Adventure Day!
Little league parks winding, almost bought clothing
sol botique - escaped with a squeak.
Finally found it. The haven of Abandoned Peace
Wood, two-story for one, please.
Crunch and crumble, hide and bumble
bees!

Good book reading, open window-
wind & two far birds. Tear-inducing
goodness, using my skills to sketch out a
wild oak fuzing (branches)
marking my place with empty bottles- never
was much of a sports genius.

Energy abounds - a good pond swim
tiny turtle bites while bathing on the grass a
fish laid out to dry.
Concepting in my mind the best of my afternoon
tea memories- - - too many to put into a cohesive whole yet.

Finished off drying, more bicycle riding
hunting and finding my way through the town.
Dry on a bench. Then off like a cinch to
sequal reading & meditative tea eating.

stillness & silence.
Appreciate Architecture Viewpoint Cushy Golden Chair
Finally interrupted, caffeine instructed off now to finish the day.
Small-picture taking, all work forsaking
a sun - filled spring holiday.
mud-caked knees, blossoms on trees, do-as-you-please
kind of day.

Rollercoaster country road, heading west and pink glow
pig-tail braids coming out.
Music surrounds, I see homeward bound, & the sun sinking down
in the west.
A doggie gives chase and away we race bringing me to an unknown T.

The most glorious awe-inducing, paralyzing, energizing
meditation, enjoying creation.
other side of humanity. Handless, time-stopped
wold is my oyster, never-wanting-it-to-end
kind of day.








1 comment:

  1. You inspire me.
    and i'm also very jealous
    of how talented you are.

    ReplyDelete